RURAL GRANTS NOW OPEN FOR OUTLINE APPLICATIONS
A message to all members from Jon Teague, Atlantic and Moor LEADER Project Coordinator, Cornwall Development Company
“I am delighted to tell you that the Atlantic and Moor Local Action Group’s LEADER funding is now open for Outline Applications.
If you are considering growing your business, taking on new staff, or have a project that will improve the rural economy, please drop me a line to see if we can assist.
Here is a reminder of the scheme:
LEADER will fund farmers, growers, foresters and local rural businesses, as well as rural community organisations to help:
• Create jobs
• Develop rural businesses
• Support the rural economy
To be successful your application will need to contribute to one or more of Defra’s 6 priorities for LEADER which are to:
• Increase farm productivity
• Support micro and small enterprise development and farm diversification
• Boost rural tourism
• Provide rural services
• Provide cultural and heritage activities; and
• Increase forestry productivity
Applications must be for at least £2,500 and a maximum of £35,000. In exceptional cases larger grants can be offered where projects will deliver greater outputs against the Local Development Strategy. Grants will typically be limited to a maximum of 50% of the project’s total eligible costs. Not-for-profit organisations can receive more than 50%.
It is important to point out that there is no automatic right to a LEADER grant and not all applications will be successful. There are two stages to the application process; an Outline Application and if successful this will be followed by an invitation to make a Full Application.
Grants are awarded by Local Action Groups (LAGs) which will decide which projects should receive funding by assessing each application and the degree to which it delivers its Local Development Strategy (copy attached) and its latest priorities.
For more information, please visit our website: www.localactioncornwall.co.uk
Don’t forget, if you’d like to know if you are eligible for funding, please get in touch by email or give me a call.
Atlantic and Moor LEADER Project Co-ordinator
Cornwall Development Company
Tel: 01872 326751 Mob: 07484 010 456
7 SEPTEMBER 2015
A MESSAGE TO ALL MEMBERS FROM DAVID BULLEN AT FRANCIS CLARK RE: SOUTH WEST GROWTH FUND ('SWGF') - NEW GRANT AVAILABLE FOR BUSINESSES IN THE SOUTH WEST
The 7th September saw the launch of the South West Growth Fund.
Please see our blog for or a more detailed insight but the basic details are:
· Open to businesses across the wider South West, including Wiltshire, Dorset and Gloucestershire;
· Grants of between £15,000 and £999,999;
· Priority will be investment in capital expenditure (some training and R&D may be considered);
· Ability to include revenue costs within a project is limited;
· Grants will be subject to demonstrating why a grant is needed, and European State Aid rules; and
· Typical grant per job will be up to £10,000 (target average £8.5k per job).
Not all clients will be eligible (normal EU excluded sectors will apply) – the SWGF is unlikely to be available to those companies which:
· Are serving a local market;
· Are In a sector where there is extensive competition or little market growth eg hotels, tourism, leisure, most retail, construction, education etc; or
· Will not be creating jobs in the next two or three years.
From our extensive experience and involvement with similar schemes such as the Plymouth and Western Morning Growth Fund (1 & 2) and the Gain Growth Fund +, we know how attractive this new scheme could be for businesses, particularly the SMEs. In addition, it is the first time for a number of months that there has been a capital grant scheme of this nature available to businesses both large and small in Cornwall, Gloucestershire, Dorset and Wiltshire. There has been substantial interest in this scheme already so although there is in the region of £8.7m available the scheme will be very competitive and only the best prepared applicants will be successful.
We would be pleased to discuss your plans and assist you with an application. Please feel free to contact us for a free of charge, no obligation conversation about your plans.
David Bullen / Corporate Finance Senior Associate
T 01872 246577
Following Dick Cole’s talk at our August General Meeting, please see the following information:
1. The website for the Local Action Groups including the Atlantic and Coast LAG (covering St Columb Parish) and South and East Cornwall LAG (covering parishes to the south such as St Enoder) is at: http://www.localactioncornwall.info/
A member of staff has yet be ‘officially’ appointed, but this is imminent and Dick will let us know the necessary details when they are available.
LEGAL FEES DISCOUNT
MacMillans Solicitors are offering 10% discount off fixed fees for Wills and Powers of Attorney to St Columb Major and District Chamber of Commerce members (and their spouses/partners)
|Meet the Team|
|Alphabetical Member Directory|